The war’s end brought more change to Fradley with the construction of 85 houses to house RAF personnel. In 1959, these houses were sold off to the then Lichfield Rural Council to house council house tenants from around the city.
The RAF left in 1958 and the whole site was sold by the Air Ministry in 1962. They left behind a sombre and moving monument to the conflict with a considerable number of war graves in Fradley Churchyard. These include British, Commonwealth and one German grave treated with great reverence by the community. Many of the names of people associated with RAF Lichfield are commemorated in the road names, which now occupy the land where the airfield stood.
In 2000 a memorial to all who served at RAF Lichfield was constructed opposite St Stephen's church, the upkeep of which is the responsibly of the Parish Council. A formal service of remembrance and laying of wreaths is carried out each September on Battle of Britain Sunday.
Fradley has over recent years absorbed many changes, but parts of the village still retain much of their original charm and character.
There have been several housing developments built within the Fradley area since the early 1980s. The first of these developments was within the ancient village boundary creating the Statfold Lane development off Church Lane. Further houses were built in the 1990s to develop the Edwards Farm Road estate and as the RAF Fradley site was cleared for industrial development, the area to the north east side of Common Lane was also developed for housing. This phase of development was completed in 2005.
In 1998 major redevelopment started on the former airfield, with the construction of factories, warehouses and 750 new houses (with further increases planned). This included much needed retail facilities. Today Fradley Park, a 300-acre warehousing and distribution development, covers most of the former airfield.
Further housing development started to the north west of Common Lane in 2016 to develop a further 1,000 homes in time and a further 80 homes have been built on Hay End Lane during 2017-18.