As early as 1836 maps of Fradley only show isolated farmhouses and farms. Although no longer used as working farms, Bycars, Bridge, Hilliards Cross and Old Hall farms can still be seen today. Old Hall Farm was built in the 16th Century, when it was known as Frodley Hall. In Old Hall Lane there also stands Lodge Croft, a three-storey house dating back to the 1750s. The Old Smithy, where farmers used to bring their horses to be shod, has also survived at the Church Lane entrance to the old village.
This is, however, only a snapshot of the history of Fradley which in many ways mirrors the development, population growth and urbanisation which has characterised the United Kingdom since Georgian and early Victorian Times.
Fradley was converted to a civil parish in 1934. In 1983 the parish was amalgamated with its larger neighbour, Alrewas, to form Alrewas & Fradley with Streethay Parish Council, back in 2010 Fradley and Streethay split from Alrewas to form Fradley and Streethay Parish Council. On 31 March 2023, Fradley and Streethay Parish Council split again following a Community Governance Review by Lichfield District Council and Fradley Parish Council came into existence as of 1 April 2023.